- Written by Erik A. Shamberger, MEng, CIH, CSP, CHMM
The 2017 Ohio Safety Congress & Expo (OSC17), sponsored by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, helps businesses keep their work force safe, healthy and productive. More than 200 educational sessions, guest presenters from various states and more than 200 exhibitors share their knowledge and resources at this free event.
Individuals with an interest in occupational safety and health, wellness, rehabilitation and medical treatment of injured workers are encouraged to attend. Students are also welcome to attend our educational sessions.
By attending the safety congress, you will learn to:
- Prevent workplace injuries and illnesses;
- Achieve better outcomes for injured workers;
- Reduce workers’ compensation claims costs;
- Keep Ohio’s work force healthy and productive.
Facts about our exhibitors
- More than 90% of OSC16 exhibitors were satisfied with the event.
- More than 85% of the exhibitors would recommend exhibiting at OSC16 to their companies.
- More than 85% of exhibitors were satisfied with the leads they collected at OSC16.
Facts about our educational sessions
- 94% of attendees believed that there is a potential to impact their organizations after attending our event.
- OSC16 achieved a 93% attendee satisfaction rate.
- Almost 90% of the attendees claimed they would implement what they learned to their workplace.
Education for Ohio’s leading industries
- Agriculture and Green Industries
- Colleges, Universities, and Public Schools
- Construction Employers
- Distribution, Logistics and Warehousing
- Emergency Medical Service Personnel
- Engineers and Risk Managers
- Environmental Professionals and Waste Water Operations
- Fire Prevention and Safety
- Health and Nursing-Care Facility Administrators
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Human Resource Professionals and Workforce Diversity
- Industrial Hygienists and Chemical Industries
- Mine Operators and Technicians
- Motor Fleets and Vehicle Operators
- Occupational Health and Wellness
- Oil and Gas Operators and Professionals
- OSHA Regulation and Compliance
- Physicians, Chiropractors and Health-Care Providers
- Rehabilitation, Chemical Dependency and Vision-Care Specialists
- Restaurant and Food Service Personnel
- Safety Consultants and Professionals
- Small Business Owners and Operators
- Utility Providers and Public Sector Employers
- Workers Compensation Professionals
Learn more about our special events:
OSC17 contact information