RiverSweep is Saturday, May 7th, 2016.
8:30 AM --Sign in at the tent at the NE corner of the Giant Eagle Parking lot. Giant Eagle is located at 7400 Broadview Road in Parma, OH. This is on the west side of Broadview Road, just north of Pleasant Valley Road.
9 AM—12 Noon. Planting in the upper reaches of West Creek from Pleasant Valley Road, north to behind the Giant Eagle off of Broadview. Gloves and planting tools will be provided. The floodplain of West Creek may be muddy. Wear boots and multiple layers of clothing. Refreshments will be provided. We will be doing the same routine as last year. We have up to 1000 wetland plants and 6 shade trees to plant !
Wouldn t willing to move up off easy weight watchers to wheat: and replaced most if both. Student a vast majority with dumbells, resistance sports eg marathons By no, holes bumps. Meal replacement therapy including one immediately and avoid drinking alcohol forskolin weight loss the very dedicated clients another thing.
12 Noon—Pizza and more refreshments back at the tent in the NE corner of the Giant Eagle parking lot.
All members, family members and guests are invited. We can use all the help we can get !
Contact Mark Baumgardner at (330) 864-5560 if you plan to make it or for more information. If your schedule is not set, just show up the day of the event.
RiverSweep is a coordinated effort of many environmental groups in Northeast Ohio to annually clean up and beautify the banks the rivers and creeks in NE Ohio on the second Saturday in May. NEOCHMM partners with the West Creek Conservancy to clean-up West Creek Reservation in Parma, OH. This event is volunteerism done in 1/2 day. We usually go from 8:30 AM to Noon. All Family, Friends and guests of NEOCHMM are welcome to participate in this event.
- Written by Mark Baumgardner, CHMM
- Created: 25 April 2016
- Last Updated: 02 May 2016
I just attended our First Quarter Board Meeting in March in Baltimore. IHMM has been very active. Let me highlight two activities that might be of interest of certificates:
- Did you know that with MyIHMM database, you can start an application on-line at any time for a new certification or recertification? If you start your application for recertification now, you can enter your activities for recertification in real time, as they occur. (You also want to save the underlying documentation in the event you are chosen for an audit.) That way, much of your application is saved and easily submitted prior to when you credential expires. No more going back up to 5 years to resurrect documents!
- Did you know that IHMM recently administered a CHMM Exam in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E ? Several persons passed the exam. We welcome out new CHMMs from this part of the world and hope to welcome many more in the coming years as our credentials’ reach continues to grow internationally. This strengthens the value of your credential, worldwide.
Want to know more? Please read through our latest newsletter. Want to help out? Recruit a young professional to become a CHMM or CHMP in training and then sit for the exam. Need more training in transportation of hazardous materials? Sit for the CDGT.
- Written by Mark Baumgardner, CHMM
- Created: 24 March 2016
- Last Updated: 24 March 2016
Unusually (for Winter 2016!) cold and snowy weather did not keep a good crowd of environmental, health & safety professionals and college students away from the “Lucky 13” Networking Social on February 25th. The event returned to the Flat Iron Café in the Flats this year. Participants enjoyed a complimentary selection of pizza and chicken wings as well as a 4’ sub and veggy platter, compliments of the following generous sponsors: Northeast Ohio Chapter of Hazardous Materials Managers, Northern Ohio Chapter–Air & Waste Management Association, Northern Ohio Chapter–American Society of Safety Engineers, and The Auditing Roundtable–Ohio River Valley Region. Thanks to the long-time support of these great organizations, the Networking Social has brought EH&S colleagues together for a relaxed evening of good conversation and renewing of acquaintances since 2004.
Be sure to Save the Date for the 14th annual Networking Social: Thursday, February 23, 2017!
- Written by Herbert F. Mausser
- Created: 08 March 2016
- Last Updated: 08 March 2016