- Written by Mark Baumgardner, CHMM
HMS is seeking volunteers to assist with preparing the grant application and preforming peer reviews. We are seeking passionate and talented volunteers are with expertise in the development of education, programs, products, and services that support the occupational and environmental health and safety (OEHS) profession and advance the HMS mission.
Our HMS Hazardous Materials Society Education and Training Committee is organizing a sub-committee to apply for the NIOSH PAR-18-798 Grant. This sub-committee would be preparing the grant application and assisting with peer reviews. The grant opportunity enables the organization to work on projects that fulfill NIOSH mission goals and strategic objectives and align with the mission and goals of IHMM and HMS. To accomplish this goal, we require volunteers who can help us in making this grant application successful.
The process of selecting this sub-committee begins with an open call for volunteers. Submissions are reviewed, and confirmations are made by the HMS Hazardous Materials Society Education and Training Committee.
General Time Commitment
- Monthly conference calls (up to 1 hour in length) until the scope of work has been completed
- Approximately 1-2 hours researching and drafting sections of the application and proposal
- Approximately 1-2 hours peer-reviewing the application starting in December 2021
- Email correspondence as needed
- Accountable to the HMS Hazardous Materials Society Education and Training Committee
- Agree to uphold and abide by the HMS Bylaws, Conflict of Interest, and Code of Conduct policies
Open call for volunteers remains active until 11:59 PM ET on Friday, November 19, 2021.
Sign Up Here!Thank you,
Chairman of the Hazardous Materials Society (HMS)