- Written by Mark Baumgardner, CHMM
Over 200 million Americans are now in stay-at-home orders. IHMM and HMS have assembled the most powerful and innovative online platform that, despite our isolation from personal contact, allows us to be isolated together in a new, virtual online environment. We can still communicate, collaborate and grow together.
IHMM and HMS' new platform allows certificants and members to easily interact and communicate online, empowering volunteer groups, committees, and other special groups to work effectively together remotely. Groups may also form around topical areas and shared interests, spawning knowledge communities. Social tools such as commenting capabilities and ranking stats will ensure quick and easy access to the most relevant/popular information.
A collaborative culture is important for every business but is especially important for our hazardous materials, dangerous goods, environment, health and safety communities of practice. IHMM credentialed professionals are at the top 1% of their professions and their reach is global. We are at the forefront of environmental protection, health, and safety and this is where collaborating with the very best people in their fields, people who are always willing to help one another lessens the stress of our jobs and where we strive as a team to make a difference of which we are all proud.
Our online community continues to grow every day, with new groups forming week in and week out. And we've updated the platform to ensure you can access the content, groups, members, and discussions that interest you most-quickly and easily.
Here's a quick overview of some of the features:
- Enhanced email capabilities. You can receive digests of activities in your chosen communities.
- Faster Search results – within the new platform, your member search is faster than ever.
- Creation of networks – Auto creation of network based on certain profile demographics.
- Signing up for all your Member alerts in one area --previously, you had to go to every single group in which you were a member to get alert notifications. No more!
- Prefer to get everything via RSS feed? Now you can select any or all the communities in which you are a member, and they'll be aggregated into a single feed!
- Like a document that you read? You can add it to your favorites for quick and easy access in the future.
We plan to take the site live this week and will shortly add mobile capability. Collaboration will continually evolve to meet your needs and those of our ever-growing online community.
Your online community awaits you. It's time for COLLABORATION!