- Written by Mark Baumgardner, CHMM
The Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals (AHMP) Cyber Chapter with its partner organizations, ASSP-NOVA Chapter, the Washington Metropolitan Area Construction Safety Association (WMACSA), and the Chesapeake Area Biological Safety Association (ChABSA) are pleased to be able to offer this follow-up webinar.
On March 10, 2020, Dr. Michael Sauri of Occupational Health Consultants provided an excellent talk on “COVID-19 Technical Details for EHS Professionals” (click on name for download of webinar) which provided details of COVID-19 that are not in the mainstream media. As a follow-up to this talk, Bruce Donato of K&A First Aid and Safety, Inc., will discuss “The Practical Aspects of Managing COVID-19 for EHS Professionals in Their Workplace”. This talk will cover:
- How to discuss the technical concerns about COVID-19 with all backgrounds of employees to provide a sense of reality without sensationalism.
- Explaining how to wade through the mass of unconfirmed data with a specific review of the New England Journal of Medicine article being highly quoted.
- Practical disinfecting techniques
- Understanding what the FDA waiver on N95’s means
- Some new personal habits to minimize exposures
- A high level review of some HR/Legal questions
Note due to the continuing changing landscape of data and liability concerns, this event will not be recorded. This event is provided for general guidance only based on current data; attendees should continue to consult the CDC and WHO websites for emerging updates: https://www.cdc.gov/
This is a free webinarlimited to 100 participants and will be presented to accommodate as many interested parties as possible. Please only schedule yourself for one event. Click here to go to the AHMP Cyber Chapter events page to choose which session you would like to register for.
Session dates and times
- Thursday March 26, 2020 3:00 PM EDT
- Friday March 27, 2020 11:00 AM EDT
- Monday March 30, 2020 2:30 PM EDT
Go to the events tab to choose which webinar you want to register for. Spots are limited.